B. Neoadjvuant (Induction) Therapy Phase III Randomized Trials in Resectable Stage IIIA
North American Intergroup 0139: This trial compares concurrent combination chemotherapy with cisplatin and etoposide plus radiotherapy followed by surgery or radiotherapy in stage IIIA (N2) disease (completed accrual and now closed).
EORTC 08941: A European study comparing platinum-based chemotherapy of choice followed (in responders only) by surgery or radiotherapy.
Combination Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy in Unresectable Stage IIIA: Phase III Randomized Trials
1. National Cancer Institute T99-0046: This study compares platinum-based combination chemotherapy and radiotherapy with or without shark cartilage extract (AE-941).
2. Southwest Oncology Group S0023: A study of cisplatin, etoposide, docetaxel, and radiotherapy with or without oral ZD-1839 in patients with unresect-able stage III NSCLC. canadian neighbor pharmacy online
3. CHNT-PC/MIC; EU-99046: A study of pacli-taxel and carboplatin vs standard platinum (cisplatin plus mitomycin/ifosfamide or vinblastine/mitocycin) therapy in patients with inoperable stage IIIA, IIIB, or IV NSCLC.
4. ECOG-3598: A study of carboplatin, paclitaxel, and radiotherapy with or without thalidomide in patients with unresectable stage IIIA or IIIB NSCLC.
5. Radiation Therapy Oncology Group-9801: A study of amifostine mucosal protection in patients with favorable performance inoperable stage II, IIIA, or IIIB NSCLC receiving sequential induction and concurrent hyperfractioned radiotherapy with paclitaxel and carboplatin.